Jakub Mazůch & Michaela Gatěková – organisers of DFP
Kuba and Misa have been collecting experience in dancing since an early age and they have achieved multiple victories at Czech championships and international competitions in Latin American dances and salsa.
Dance is not only a sport for them but also art, which has been accompanying people for ages, just like music; and is a source of joy, relaxation and impulses for a person’s development.
They have been giving dance courses in Ostrava and around for 8 years now for both hobby and professional dancers and we are trying to provide our students with as much joy generated by moving as possible. During those years over 1500 people have gone through our courses and many of them have been coming back periodically.
Apart from events organised by us, they perform and teach at international festivals, sports and cultural events, balls and parties.
Some of their greatest achievements include:
- Silver medal from World Games in Columbia (salsa) in 2013,
- Gold medal from the World Dance Games at Taiwan (Caribbean dances) in 2013,
- European champions in salsa 2013 from Graz,
- 3rd place from the World Salsa Championship in Turin 2013,
- six times Czech national salsa champions